MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Bolger, Jase (R)State Representative District 63
Former Calhoun County Commissioner, Speaker Bolger was first elected in 2008 to the Michigan House. In 2010 Bolger was elected to serve as House Speaker following the GOP's pickup of the House in the November general election.
Twelve years ago, just after his second child was born, Rep. Bolger got together with a few friends and business associates to start a small business. That business, Summit Credit Services, updates phone records for Fortune 100 companies throughout the country. The company has brought more than 20 jobs to Michigan.
After graduating from Charlotte High School, Rep. Bolger attended Western Michigan University where he earned his Bachelor's of Business Administration. He achieved dual majors in Finance and Political Science.
Born 2/2/71, Rep. Bolger has been married to his high school sweetheart Molly for 18 years. They have two children together, Nicholas and Megan.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Suzanne Miller Allen
(Status: 05/20/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE CLERK FOR RECORD)
- Resolutions, A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for John M. Maynard, former member of the House of Representatives.
- Memorial Resolution, A resolution of tribute as a memorial for William \"Bill\" Jowett, former member of the Michigan House of Representatives.
(Status: 01/22/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Judy Nerat, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 01/23/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Agnes M. Dobronski, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 01/28/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Gino H. Polidori, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 02/20/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution to establish a special committee on Detroit's recovery and Michigan's future.
(Status: 05/06/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Lad S. Stacey, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 05/15/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Milton J. H. Knabusch, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 05/15/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
Bolger Hitting The Trail For 'Several Members' This Summer (07-16-2014)
Could Kesto Be In Trouble? (07-15-2014)
House GOP Leader Race Focusing In On Cotter, Pscholka (07-14-2014)
Bolger, Santana Take Dip In New Detroit Pool (07-09-2014)
Adult Protective Services Flounders In Audit; DHS Pledges Improvements (07-09-2014)
Ballot Initiative Groups Protest Legislative End-Arounds (07-08-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (07-02-2014)
$115M In Road Projects Unveiled; D's See Politics At Play (07-02-2014)
Supts: Lawmakers Must Return To Hike School Funding (07-01-2014)
Insiders Predict Cotter, Meekhof, Ananich Will Lead Caucuses In '15 (06-27-2014)
New House Chairs Cost $162K (06-26-2014)
Maturen Shies Away From 'Pro-Life' Label; Will It Hurt Him? (06-24-2014)
Snyder Signs Detroit Grand Bargain; Retirees Urged Again To Vote Yes (06-20-2014)
Top 10 Competitive Primaries In Marginal House Districts (06-19-2014)
Hearing On 'Heartbeat' Abortion Bills Will Have To Wait (06-13-2014)
Bolger's Father Named To WMU Board (06-13-2014)
Next Stop For Roads: The Workgroup (06-13-2014)
School Bus Rolls To Gov As D's Provide Key Votes (06-11-2014)
Road Vote Negotiations Taking Shape, Vote Possible Wednesday (06-10-2014)
Building Trades President: We've Lost Road Building Season (06-06-2014)
Speaker Apologizes To Those Offended By Magazine Tweet (06-06-2014)
Budgets Moving Along Without Final Targets (06-05-2014)
New Marshall Police Post Pops Up In State Police Budget (06-05-2014)
Final Budget Deal Being Held Up By Technical Issue (06-04-2014)
Statewide HeadlinesThree Democrats and one Republican hope to fill county seat held by longest serving board member
Three Republicans, one Democrat have eyes on Jackson County's District 2 seat
Candidates Bill Huizenga, Dean Vanderstelt file finance reports in 2nd Congressional District race
Michigan Primary 2014: Proposal 1 a business tax cut that local communities can get behind
Kerry returns to Mideast to push for cease-fire