MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Bolger, Jase (R)State Representative District 63
Former Calhoun County Commissioner, Speaker Bolger was first elected in 2008 to the Michigan House. In 2010 Bolger was elected to serve as House Speaker following the GOP's pickup of the House in the November general election.
Twelve years ago, just after his second child was born, Rep. Bolger got together with a few friends and business associates to start a small business. That business, Summit Credit Services, updates phone records for Fortune 100 companies throughout the country. The company has brought more than 20 jobs to Michigan.
After graduating from Charlotte High School, Rep. Bolger attended Western Michigan University where he earned his Bachelor's of Business Administration. He achieved dual majors in Finance and Political Science.
Born 2/2/71, Rep. Bolger has been married to his high school sweetheart Molly for 18 years. They have two children together, Nicholas and Megan.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Suzanne Miller Allen
(Status: 05/20/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE CLERK FOR RECORD)
- Resolutions, A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for John M. Maynard, former member of the House of Representatives.
- Memorial Resolution, A resolution of tribute as a memorial for William \"Bill\" Jowett, former member of the Michigan House of Representatives.
(Status: 01/22/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Judy Nerat, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 01/23/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Agnes M. Dobronski, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 01/28/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Gino H. Polidori, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 02/20/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution to establish a special committee on Detroit's recovery and Michigan's future.
(Status: 05/06/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Lad S. Stacey, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 05/15/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Milton J. H. Knabusch, former member of the House of Representatives.
(Status: 05/15/2014 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
House Republican Staff Does ALS Ice Bucket Challenge For COS' Son (08-27-2014)
Bolger Unsure On Whether Gay Rights Vote Will Happen (08-27-2014)
Michigan Dems Sign Off On Transportation Funding Resolution (08-26-2014)
Ed Groups Jump On Board Elliott-Larson Expansion Coalition (08-26-2014)
Opponents Prep For Wolf Hunt Vote On Wednesday (08-25-2014)
Social Conservatives Go After Bolger For Gay Activists' Contributions (08-21-2014)
Pscholka Team Claim 29 Commitments For Leader (08-21-2014)
Protect Wolves Targets Nine House Members (08-19-2014)
Pscholka, Cotter Both See 'Momentum' On Their Sides In Leader Race (08-15-2014)
Leaders Differ On What's Doable For Roads (08-15-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (08-14-2014)
Courser, Glenn, Gamrat All Poised To Win House Seats (08-06-2014)
Conservative Gains? 14 Races That Will Help Shape House GOP (08-04-2014)
LGBT Activist Gives $75K To Bolger, Foster Leadership PACs (07-26-2014)
House D's Rake In Most For 2Q; Both GOP Caucuses Have $2M In Bank (07-25-2014)
As Primary Nears, Michigan Chamber Backs 3 More Dems (07-24-2014)
Republicans Dominate List Of Special Road Project Winners (07-16-2014)
Bolger Hitting The Trail For 'Several Members' This Summer (07-16-2014)
Could Kesto Be In Trouble? (07-15-2014)
House GOP Leader Race Focusing In On Cotter, Pscholka (07-14-2014)
Bolger, Santana Take Dip In New Detroit Pool (07-09-2014)
Adult Protective Services Flounders In Audit; DHS Pledges Improvements (07-09-2014)
Ballot Initiative Groups Protest Legislative End-Arounds (07-08-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (07-02-2014)
Statewide HeadlinesPlayground stabbing death prompts hearing into actions of state child welfare workers
Gas prices head north as Michiganders prepare to do the same for Labor Day
Planning to walk the Mackinac Bridge for annual Labor Day event? Here are details
Q&A with MEDC CEO Michael Finney about 'secret shopper' operation involving fictional development
Labor Day 2014: More Michiganders expected to travel, says AAA