MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Denby, Cindy (R)State Representative District 47
Rep. Denby was first elected to the Michigan House in 2008. Denby served on the Handy Township Board for 16 years, and was township supervisor for the last eight years. She also served on the Village of Fowlerville Local Development Finance Authority as a Board Member/Secretary, and the Fowlerville Fire Department Authority as a Board Member/Treasurer. Other service on committees and organizations include the Economic Development Council for Livingston County, and the Livingston County Republican Committee. She also is a member of the Fowlerville Business Association.
Denby has been the owner of a bookkeeping service business for more than 10 years. She is also the former aide to Rep. Joe Hune, who previously held the 47th District House seat.
Lansing Community College - 2 year Business Program 1974-1976 Graduate Fowlerville High School - 1974
Married to Fred Denby for 32 years, Rep. Denby has two children: Angela and Brandon (31 and 29). Bonr on 12/11/55.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Sue Dolato
(Status: 02/13/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- LIQUOR, Licenses, Allow commission to issue certain redevelopment project area or development district licenses to municipalities
(Status: 12/03/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- CHILDREN, Adoption, Require registration with the responsible father registry in order to receive notice of certain proceedings
(Status: 06/05/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON FAMILIES, SENIORS & HUMAN SERVICES)
- OCCUPATIONS, Auctioneers, Repeal licensure of auctioneers
(Status: 06/04/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON REGULATORY REFORM)
- OCCUPATIONS, Auctioneers, Revise references to registered auctioneers in NREPA for snowmobile dealers.
(Status: 06/05/2014 - HOUSE - SENATE SUBSTITUE S-1 - CONCURRED IN (84-24) - TITLE AGREED TO - ORDERED FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING AND PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR.)
- PROPERTY TAX, Payment and Collection, Provide option to adjust interest rate on uncollected taxes returned to county for collection.
(Status: 02/26/2014 - HOUSE - ORDERED ENROLLED, PRINTED, AND PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR)
- INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX, Property Tax Credit, Clarify calculation of credit for individuals who are blind.
(Status: 12/12/2013 - HOUSE - ORDERED ENROLLED, PRINTED, AND PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR)
- FAMILY LAW, Paternity, Provide for certain genetic testing establishing paternity.
(Status: 09/17/2014 - HOUSE - PASSED (106 - 2) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED)
- LEGISLATURE, Other, Revise journal of the senate and house of representatives number of copies to be printed and bound.
(Status: 06/10/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- CITIES, Home Rule, Clarify definition of public nudity that it does not include breastfeeding or expressing of breast milk.
(Status: 09/11/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT)
- CHILDREN, Foster Care, Create specific policy for foster children.
(Status: 09/23/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON FAMILIES, CHILDREN, AND SENIORS)
- , A resolution to declare September 2013 as Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 09/19/2013 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
Courser, Glenn, Gamrat All Poised To Win House Seats (08-06-2014)
Conservative Gains? 14 Races That Will Help Shape House GOP (08-04-2014)
Snyder Signs Breastfeeding, Gun Bills (06-24-2014)
The 10 Most Competitive House Republican Primaries (06-18-2014)
AFP Jumpstarts Mail Effort, Touts 17 GOP Hopefuls (06-13-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (04-17-2014)
'Black List' Bill Signed Into Law (03-11-2014)
Marleau Is Legislator With Most Cash On Hand (02-03-2014)
MLBA 'Optimistic' About New 'Secondary Use' Proposals (01-24-2014)
New Plans For Taking On 'Secondary Use' On Tap In House (01-21-2014)
Snyder Signs Property Tax Relief Bill For The Blind (12-23-2013)
Crawford: 'Secondary Use' Proposals To Wait Until '14 (12-03-2013)
Local Gov't Officials Jumping Into House Races (11-21-2013)
Bring-Your-Own-Wine Bill Wins Committee Approval (11-13-2013)
The 10 Most Crowded '14 House Races … So Far (10-21-2013)
Open House Seats Drawing Early Crowds (08-08-2013)
As Of Now, No Primary Challengers For House R's (06-21-2013)
House Passes 'Monumental' Medicaid Bill (06-14-2013)
Former Tea Party Leader Running For House (06-11-2013)
Salty Water Bill Flowing To House Floor (06-05-2013)
House Sold On Deregulating Auctioneers (05-29-2013)
House Cuts Film Incentives, Puts $50M To Roads (04-23-2013)
Bits And Tidbits (03-11-2013)
Statewide HeadlinesGov. Rick Snyder helps launch initiative that urges employers to use high school test data when hiring
Find out how Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder earned community college degree 38 years after last class
Kenneth Feinberg: 21 deaths eligible for compensation in GM recall crisis
Report: Talents of state's disabled largely ignored
Election forums begin tonight with state Senate candidates