MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Glardon, Ben (R)State Representative District 85
State Rep. Ben Glardon was elected in 2010 to his first term in the Michigan House to represent residents of Shiawassee County and Bath, Ovid, and Victor townships in Clinton County.
Glardon has been a licensed realtor since 1983, and is the president of Glardon Auction Service.
Glardon is a graduate of Corunna High School and Missouri Auction School.
Glardon is married to Miriam, and has one daughter, Madison.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Craig Puckett
(Status: 11/13/2013 - HOUSE - REREFFERED TO THE COMMITTEE ON TAX POLICY)
- HIGHWAYS, Name, Designated portion of M-71 in the village of Vernon as the \"Graham Barlow Jr., WWII Memorial Highway\"
(Status: 12/12/2013 - HOUSE - SENATE SUBSTITUTE - CONCURRED - ORDERED ENROLLED, PRINTED, AND PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR)
- VEHICLES, Registration Plates, Waive service fee for special registration plate for veterans who have received the purple heart medal
(Status: 02/20/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO TRANSPORTATION & INFRASTRUCTURE )
- CHILDREN, Other, Require children\'s ombudsman to investigate violations of resource families bill of rights
(Status: 10/01/2014 - SENATE - SENATE SUBSTITUTE S-1 - COMMITTEE RECOMMENDS IMMEDIATE EFFECT - REFERRED TO GENERAL ORDERS)
- HEALTH, Screening, Revise standards for the accreditation of educational programs for the credentialing of radiologic personnel and machines to inform federal law
(Status: 06/20/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO HEALTH POLICY )
- INSURANCE, Life, Allow, and clarify procedure of surrendering of annuity during review period electronic applications.
(Status: 05/20/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE CLERK FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING AND PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR )
- STATE FINANCING AND MANAGEMENT, Bonds, Revise credit rating for issuance of a security to pay off unfunded pension or postemployment health care liability.
(Status: 02/06/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON FINANCIAL LIABILITY REFORM)
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Other, Prohibit collection of fees for emergency police or fire services or emergency ambulance and inhalator services at motor vehicle accidents.
(Status: 07/16/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT)
- Resolutions, A resolution to declare May 6-12, 2013, as Nurses Week in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 05/07/2013 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution to urge the Congress of the United States to adopt House Concurrent Resolution 50, regarding the National Railroad Monument in Durand, Michigan.
(Status: 10/30/2013 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
The Final Top 15 House Seats Most Likely To Flip (10-30-2014)
Both Sides Now Airing Broadcast TV Ads In 56th, 85th, 99th Districts (10-28-2014)
House Republicans Spreading Wealth Around (10-27-2014)
Greimel, Pscholka Raise Big Money In House Leadership PACs (10-27-2014)
GOP Winning House Money Battle; Brinks, Abed Races Draw Most $ (10-24-2014)
The Top 15 House Seats Most Likely To Flip (10-17-2014)
Glardon Denounces Teenage 'Drinking Party' Attack (10-13-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (10-10-2014)
'Pedal Pubs' May Soon Pedal Into State Law (09-30-2014)
D's, R's Neck And Neck In Cash In Key House Races (09-04-2014)
Foster Goes Down As Other House Incumbents Hold On (08-06-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (07-29-2014)
New Bill Would Eradicate 'Crash Tax' (07-29-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (07-25-2014)
Restaurants Back GOP Top Of Ticket (07-11-2014)
NRA Backs GOP Incumbents, Passes On Tea (07-07-2014)
Speaker Apologizes To Those Offended By Magazine Tweet (06-06-2014)
Dems Tee Off On GOP Reps. 'Light-Hearted' Moment (06-05-2014)
Snyder Signs Life Insurance Changes Into Law (06-03-2014)
$450M Road Plan Could Roll Through House Thursday (05-07-2014)
Bits and Tidbits (04-25-2014)
Primary Challenges Emerge For 19 GOP Incumbents (04-23-2014)
EAA Passes House Amid Passionate Debate (03-20-2014)
Capitol Historic Site Legislation, Other Bills Signed (12-26-2013)
Statewide HeadlinesGet to know candidates for Governor and US Senate
MI Senate race stands out for negativity, cost of ads
Teachers union, other Grand Rapids schools labor groups to get raises, step increases
State, HUD dispute Michigan homeless numbers
Michigan sites no longer environmental areas of concern