MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Poleski, Earl (R)State Representative District 64
Rep. Poleski was first elected to the Michigan House in 2010.
A Certified Public Accountant for nearly 30 years, Poleski's life's work has been balancing budgets, keeping a watchful eye on spending, and protecting the financial security of his clients, neighbors and fellow taxpayers. Throughout his career, he has been a sole-practitioner and partner with various accounting firms providing individual and business accounting, tax and consulting services, while also representing clients to the IRS and state tax agencies. Poleski is a member of the Lally Group, PC accounting firm in Jackson.
Poleski graduated from Jackson Community College in 1976 and Albion College in 1978 and went on to earn a master's degree in taxation science from Walsh College.
Poleski's family moved to Jackson in 1973. He has been married to his high school sweetheart, Candy, for 31 years. Candy's family has lived in Jackson for five generations. Together, they have two grown sons, Earl Wayne and John. Poleski and his family are members of the First United Methodist Church where he sings in the Chancel Choir. He also has led several mission trips around the country with Jackson youths, teaching values such as service, hard work, honesty and responsibility.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Lindsay Esson
Cell Phone: 202-200-7709
(Status: 02/27/2014 - HOUSE - ENROLLED, PRINTED, AND PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR)
- STATE FINANCING AND MANAGEMENT, Funds, A bill to create certain loan programs for information, communications, and technology improvements; to facilitate the operation of certain programs; and to impose certain duties on certain state officers and employees
(Status: 11/13/2014 - HOUSE - PASSED (90 - 17) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED)
- APPROPRIATIONS, Zero Budget, NEW, A bill to make appropriations for the legislature, the judiciary, the executive, the department of attorney general, the department of state, the department of treasury, the department of technology, management, and budget, the department of civil service, the department of civil rights, and certain state purposes related thereto for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, and to provide for the disposition of fees and other income received by the state agencies, and to declare the effect of this act
(Status: 02/12/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO APPROPRIATIONS )
- LABOR, Benefits , A bill to provide statewide uniformity in requirements for employers to provide leave to their employees
(Status: 03/13/2013 - HOUSE - WITH RECOMMENDATION THAT SUB H-2 BE ADOPTED -- TO SECOND READING)
- WEAPONS, Licensing, Reduce age requirement for certain military personnel for obtaining concealed pistol license
(Status: 02/27/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO JUDICIARY)
- BUSINESSES, Professional Corporations, Revise ownership requirements for professional corporations engaged in practice of public accounting
(Status: 02/27/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO COMMERCE)
- BUSINESSES, Business Corporations, Revise ownership of requirements for professional corporations engaged in practice of public accounting
(Status: 10/08/2013 - HOUSE - ORDERED PRINTED, ENROLLED, AND PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR)
- BUSINESSES, Business Corporations, Revise ownership requirements for professional corporations engaged in practice of public accounting.
- STATE FINANCING AND MANAGEMENT, Funds, Revise funding from 21st Century Job Trust Fund and the Michigan Strategic Fund
(Status: 05/02/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO APPROPRIATIONS )
- Communications, Emergency 9-1-1, Revise distribution of service charge fees for 9-1-1
(Status: 09/10/2013 - HOUSE - SENATE SUBSTITUTE S - 1 - CONCURRED (101 - 7) REFERRED TO THE CLERK FOR PRINTING, ENROLLMENT, AND PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- ELECTIONS, Offenses, Provide for penalties for promising, providing, or accepting valuable consideration to run or not to run for political office
(Status: 06/12/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO ELECTIONS AND ETHICS)
- GAMING, Lottery, Allow private management operation
(Status: 06/20/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO REGULATORY REFORM )
- APPROPRIATIONS, Zero Budget, Provide general government for fiscal year 2014-2015.
(Status: 02/11/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS)
- USE TAX; Distributions, Earmark to road funding 1% of use tax revenue.
(Status: 05/13/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON INFRASTRUCTURE & MODERNIZATION)
- CRIMINAL PROCEDURE, Probation, Require and provide for forwarding of information to department of military and veterans affairs presentence report to disclose status of individual as veteran.
(Status: 05/06/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO MILITARY & VETERANS AFFAIRS)
- PROPERTY TAX, Other, Require notification to purchaser regarding orders of condemnation.
(Status: 11/10/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON TAX POLICY)
- INSURANCE, No-fault, Establish a minimum length and require proof of new insurance for insured to cancel.
(Status: 11/10/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON INSURANCE)
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Financing, NEW, Provide for issuance of municipal securities to cover cost of demolition for eligible abandoned properties.
(Status: 11/10/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT)
- HEALTH, Testing, Expand newborn screening tests to include certain lysosmal disorders.
(Status: 11/10/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON HEALTH POLICY)
Pscholka Team Claim 29 Commitments For Leader (08-21-2014)
Pscholka, Cotter Both See 'Momentum' On Their Sides In Leader Race (08-15-2014)
Conservative Gains? 14 Races That Will Help Shape House GOP (08-04-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (07-30-2014)
CAPPS: Discretion In Decisions Breeds Discrimination in Criminal Justice (07-28-2014)
Some GOP Lawmakers Hands-Off On Fate Of Aramark (07-10-2014)
Singers Takeover Rotunda (06-11-2014)
EVIP Has Left The Budget: Conference Alters Revenue Sharing (06-09-2014)
Haveman To Give Target Numbers Friday (05-29-2014)
Governor Huddles With Dem Half Of Quadrant (05-20-2014)
House Jumpstarts $450M Road Funding Package (05-08-2014)
GLEP Endorses 24 Candidates in Legislative Races (05-07-2014)
Detroit Deal Will 'Separate Statesmen, Politicians' (05-07-2014)
$36B General Omnibus Budget Wins Big Support In House (05-06-2014)
Rainy Day Fund Eyed As Source Of 'Grand Bargain' Dollars (05-06-2014)
Bills To Shift GF Dollars To Roads Spur Concerns (04-30-2014)
EVIP Vanishes In Senate Subcommittee (04-22-2014)
Bolger Touts Adoption Bills As They Move To Gov (03-27-2014)
Proposal Would Require Notification Of Salary Hikes Over 5% (03-25-2014)
New EVIP Proposal Passes 1st Test In House Subcommittee (03-25-2014)
Poleski Floats Alternative To Gov's EVIP Proposal (03-18-2014)
Tea Party Activist Plans To Challenge Kesto in 39th (03-17-2014)
'Black List' Bill Signed Into Law (03-11-2014)