MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Price, Amanda (R)State Representative District 89
Rep. Amanda Price was elected to serve her first term in 2010
Price served as Park Township trustee for ten years and supervisor for two years. She is a former legislative aide to Sen. Patty Birkholz, and also was the public affairs manager for SemcoEnergy.
Price is a graduate of Michigan State University, the Institute for Paralegal Training (Philadelphia, Pa), and holds a master's degree in Public Administration from Western Michigan University.
Price is married to Rodger, and they have two sons, Nate and Collin. They attend Fellowship Reformed Church. She has served on the boards of several charitable organizations, including the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Holland and the Children's Advocacy Center.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Sherry Sofia
(Status: 02/05/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO COMMERCE)
- PROPERTY TAX, Assessments, Allow for existing property tax cap to remain on taxable value upon transfer of ownership from an individual to a limited liability company
(Status: 03/18/2014 - SENATE - RECOMMENDS IMMEDIATE EFFECT - REFERRED TO GENERAL ORDERS)
- CIVIL RIGHTS, Open Meetings, A meeting is not open to the public if a member of the public body casts his or her vote on a decision of the public body without being physically present at the meeting
(Status: 07/16/2014 - SENATE - SENATE SUBSTITUTE S-1 - RECOMMENDS IMMEDIATE EFFECT - REFERRED TO GENERAL ORDERS)
- WATERCRAFT, Marinas, Revise permit fee for dredging material from Great Lakes bottomlands determined to be largely sand
(Status: 04/09/2013 - HOUSE - WAS ASSIGNED PA 11 ON MARCH 27)
- HIGHWAYS, Name, The portion of highway M-231 between I-96 and M-45 in Ottawa County shall be known as the \"Sgt. Henry E. Plant Memorial Highway\"
(Status: 06/10/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE ORDER OF SECOND READING)
- COURTS, Records, Allow digital court records and electronically filed court papers in every state court and provide for electronic signatures
(Status: 03/12/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO JUDICIARY )
- COURTS, Records, Permit digital court records and electronically filing court papers as established by the supreme court
(Status: 12/10/2013 - HOUSE - SENATE SUBSTITUTE - CONCURRED - ORDERED ENROLLED, PRINTED, AND PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR)
- VEHICLES, Fund-raising Registration Plates, Provide for distribution of funds from sale of fund-raising registration plate for Girl Scouts of America
(Status: 04/10/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO TRANSPORTATION & INFRASTRUCTURE )
- HEALTH, Abortion, Prohibit health professional or facility seeking reimbursement from qualified health plan for elective abortion unless coverage is by optional rider
(Status: 04/18/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO INSURANCE )
- CRIMES, Other, Prohibit coercing a female to have an abortion against her will and provide penalties
(Status: 06/04/2014 - HOUSE - RETURNED TO SENATE)
- LABOR, Notices, Repeal requirements in advertising for replacements for striking workers
(Status: 03/13/2014 - SENATE - RECOMMENDS IMMEDIATE EFFECT - REFERRED TO GENERAL ORDERS)
- ELECTIONS, Election Officials, Modify methods to convey election night results.
(Status: 05/02/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO ELECTIONS AND ETHICS )
- PUBLIC UTILITIES, Consumer Services, Prohibit certain use of data from advanced meters. A residential customer\'s energy use data are confidential and shall not be sold, rented, shared, or otherwise disclosed by a utility except to or with the express consent of the residential customer
(Status: 05/14/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO ENERGY AND TECHNOLOGY )
- PUBLIC UTILITIES, Electric Utilities, Require electric utilities applying for a financing order to finance all new water and pollution control facilities required by federal or state regulations
(Status: 05/21/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO ENERGY AND TECHNOLOGY )
- EDUCATION, Other, Require a minimum benchmark on standardized test for advancement promotion of third grade students to next grade level.
(Status: 12/04/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE ORDER OF SECOND READING)
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES AND OFFICERS, Ethics, Revise prohibitions of contracts between educational institutions and public servants.
(Status: 10/29/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON ELECTIONS AND ETHICS)
- VEHICLES, Fund-raising Registration Plates, Create breast and cervical cancer awareness fund.
(Status: 12/11/2013 - HOUSE - ORDERED ENROLLED, PRINTED, AND PRESENTED TO THE GOVERNOR)
- PROPERTY TAX, Payment and Collection, Modify liability for collection of taxes.
(Status: 03/05/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT & ELECTIONS)
- FAMILY LAW, Marriage and Divorce, Allow township supervisors to perform marriages persons authorized to solemnize marriage.
- INSURANCE, Health, Allow insurers to withhold reimbursement for physical therapy services unless patient has a referral from a licensed health professional.
(Status: 02/25/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE OF HEALTH POLICY)
- CRIMES, Controlled Substances, Prohibit, and provide a penalty to purchasing or possessing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine knowing or having reason to know it is intended to be used to manufacture methamphetamine.
(Status: 06/11/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - PASSED (37-1) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED)
- CRIMINAL PROCEDURE, Sentencing Guidelines, Enact sentencing guidelines for crime of purchasing or possessing ephedrine or pseudoephedrine knowing that it is intended to be used to manufacture methamphetamine.
(Status: 02/26/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON CRIMINAL JUSTICE)
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Other, Revise, and create the local government public notice act.
(Status: 05/08/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON LOCAL GOVERNMENT)
- CRIMES, Obscenity, Exclude visibility of certain parts of a woman's anatomy while breastfeeding child from indecent exposure law.
(Status: 06/12/2014 - HOUSE - FULL TITLE AGREED TO - REFERRED TO THE CLERK FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING AND PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- CRIMES, Assaultive, Prohibit assault of a pregnant woman.
(Status: 06/11/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON JUDICIARY)
- Resolutions, A resolution to declare April 2013 as Child Abuse Prevention Month in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 03/20/2013 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution to declare October 18, 2013, as Mammography Day in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 10/17/2013 - HOUSE - ADOPTED)
Bolger Hitting The Trail For 'Several Members' This Summer (07-16-2014)
Restaurants Back GOP Top Of Ticket (07-11-2014)
NRA Backs GOP Incumbents, Passes On Tea (07-07-2014)
Strict Time Limits Put On Handling Of 'Rape Kits' (06-26-2014)
Snyder Signs Breastfeeding, Gun Bills (06-24-2014)
Singers Takeover Rotunda (06-11-2014)
Mobile Voting Ban Clears Another Step (06-10-2014)
Bill Directing Insurance Suits To Insurance Code Survives Debate (06-05-2014)
Michigan Might Have First-Ever School District Bankruptcy In Benton Harbor (06-05-2014)
Mainstream Republican Committee Announces First Endorsees (06-03-2014)
HICA Fix Heads To Gov's Desk (05-27-2014)
Committee Moves Public Breastfeeding Bills (05-22-2014)
Lawmakers Eye Phase-Out For Print Newspaper Legal Notices (05-16-2014)
GLEP Endorses 24 Candidates in Legislative Races (05-07-2014)
Longtime Republican Challenging Sen. Kowall From The Right (03-28-2014)
Tea Party Activist Plans To Challenge Kesto in 39th (03-17-2014)
House Approves FOIA Exemption For Firearm Info (03-13-2014)
House Approves 'Compromise' To Allow Logoed Barware (03-12-2014)
Longshot U.S. Senate Candidate Files For State House (03-10-2014)
House Votes To Lift Limit On Ticket Scalping (02-27-2014)
Trampoline Court Safety Bill Bounces On (02-04-2014)
`Sobering' Data Fuel Both Sides In Third-Grade Retention Debate (01-28-2014)
Property Rights Take Spotlight In Assessor-Access Debate (01-22-2014)