MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Price, Amanda (R)State Representative District 89
Rep. Amanda Price was elected to serve her first term in 2010
Price served as Park Township trustee for ten years and supervisor for two years. She is a former legislative aide to Sen. Patty Birkholz, and also was the public affairs manager for SemcoEnergy.
Price is a graduate of Michigan State University, the Institute for Paralegal Training (Philadelphia, Pa), and holds a master's degree in Public Administration from Western Michigan University.
Price is married to Rodger, and they have two sons, Nate and Collin. They attend Fellowship Reformed Church. She has served on the boards of several charitable organizations, including the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Holland and the Children's Advocacy Center.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Alex Griffin
(Status: 01/15/2015 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE)
- CIVIL RIGHTS, Open Meetings, Clarify physical presence required to vote.
(Status: 05/27/2015 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON ELECTIONS & GOVERNMENT REFORM)
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT, Other, Revise publication of legal notices, and create the local government public notice act.
(Status: 06/18/2015 - HOUSE - PASSED TEMPORARILY )
- HIGHER EDUCATION, Community Colleges, Revise annexation by community college district criteria.
(Status: 05/19/2015 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- EDUCATION, Curriculum,
(Status: 03/03/2015 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- EDUCATION, Curriculum, Provide for high school diploma endorsement in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
(Status: 06/04/2015 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON WORKFORCE AND TALENT DEVELOPMENT)
- CRIMES, Assaultive, Increase assault of a pregnant woman penalties under certain circumstances.
(Status: 06/09/2015 - HOUSE - COMMITTEE SUBSTITUTE H-2 - TO SECOND READING)
- LABOR, Notices, Repeal notice requirements in advertising for replacements for striking workers.
(Status: 05/20/2015 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON COMMERCE & TRADE)
- PUBLIC UTILITIES, Electric Utilities, Allow use of securitization bonds for funding of retired generating plants.
(Status: 05/20/2015 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON ENERGY POLICY)
- Right of Michigan parents to homeschool their chil, A concurrent resolution to confirm and support the right of Michigan parents to homeschool their children with no interference from the state.
(Status: 05/13/2015 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- Reading Month, A resolution to declare March 2015 as Reading Month in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 03/02/2015 - HOUSE - ADOPTED )
Senate Panel Ponders Mobile Voting Ban (06-30-2015)
Key Lawmakers Hoping Bill To Boost Reading Levels Moves This Year (06-24-2015)
Bill That Would Phase-in Online Legal Notices Stalls (06-18-2015)
Teacher Eval Reforms Being Sent To 'Summer Camp' (06-18-2015)
McCready Intros Proposals To Create New Revenue For Roads (06-17-2015)
Markavitch: House's Prior Teach Eval Bill Opens Floodgates For Lawsuits (06-15-2015)
Bills Aiming To Boost Science, Math Ed Face Pushback In House (06-12-2015)
Role Of Testing One Sticking Point In Teacher Eval Changes (06-11-2015)
Incoming State Supe Holds Court With 3 House Ed Committees (06-10-2015)
Some Reps Have Changes In Mind For Senate's Teacher Eval Bill (06-04-2015)
3rd Grade Reading Report Backs Up New Early Literacy Program (06-03-2015)
Whiston Huddles With Snyder (06-01-2015)
House Approves Mobile Voting Ban (05-26-2015)
30% Of Online Students Failing All Of Their Classes (05-21-2015)
MDE: 63% Of Students Finishing M-STEP On Time (04-30-2015)
Bill To Allow School Bake Sales Cooks Up Resistance In House (04-16-2015)
Bipartisan Coalition Of Lawmakers Pledge To Fight Domestic Violence (04-16-2015)
Price Gives Mobile Voting Ban Another Try (03-26-2015)
House Votes To Spike Long-Standing Limit On Ticket Scalping (03-25-2015)
Public Notice Bills Moves From Committee (03-11-2015)
House MDE Budget Chair: Common Core 'Doesn't Make Any Sense At All' (03-10-2015)
More Snow Days for Schools? (03-06-2015)
Legal Notice Reform Up For Vote Next Week (03-04-2015)
House Ed Chair Not Exploring Charter Reforms (02-26-2015)