MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Richardville, Randy (R)State Senator District 17
Elected to the House in 1998, Richardville was a candidate for the State House in 1996 and has served on the Monroe County Planning Commission. While in the House, he served as Assistant Majority Floor Leader from 2001 to 2002 and as Majority Floor Leader from 2003 to 2004. Richardville is also a former member of the Monroe County Planning Commission. He is currently serving his first term as a State Senator. Prior to the onset of the 94th Legislature, Richardville's GOP colleagues voted him President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
Richardville has worked for the North Star Steel Company, the La-Z-Boy Chair Company, and Herman Miller, Inc. He most recently served as the Economic Development Director for the Port & City of Monroe before being elected to the Senate.
Richardville received a B.A. from Albion College in 1981 and a M.A. from Aquinas College in 1989.
Richardville was born August 15, 1959. He is has been married to his wife Sarah for 27 years and they have two adult children, Amanda and Adam.
Richardville is currently a member of the Community Foundation of Monroe County Board Member, Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners Board Member, Ducks Unlimited, Boy Scouts of America, Education Foundation of Monroe Public Schools Board Member, Habit for Humanity of Monroe County, Childrens' Trust Fund, Tomorrow's Child/SIDS--Monroe County, and Monroe Senior Center Board of Directors.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Tony Stamas email@example.com
(Status: 01/16/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- EDUCATION, Public School Academies, Provide for conversion schools; a conversion school is a public school under section 2 of article VIII of the state constitution of 1963, is a school district for the purposes of section 11 of article IX of state constitution 1963 and for the purposes of section 1225 and section 1351A, and is subject to the leadership and general supervision of the state board over all public education under section 3 of article VIII of the state constitution of 1963. A conversion school is a body corporate and is a governmental agency. The powers granted to a conversion school under this part constitute the performance of essential public purposes and governmental functions of this state
(Status: 01/29/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- VEHICLES, Registration Plates, Provide for fund-raising registration plates for vehicles; fund-raising plate for ducks unlimited.
(Status: 03/20/2013 - SENATE - PASSED - IMMEDIATE EFFECT - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR PRINTING, ENROLLMENT AND PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- CIVIL PROCEDURE, Foreclosure, Adopt federal loss mitigation program for mortgage modification program
(Status: 06/20/2013 - SENATE - CONCURRED IN HOUSE SUBSTITUTE H-1 - PASSED (28 - 10) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- History and arts; other; , Require adherence to by art institutes to the code of ethics for museums published by the American alliance of museums.
(Status: 06/11/2013 - SENATE - PASSED (24 - 13))
- PROPERTY, Conveyances, Allow, and earmark revenue sale of Farnum building
(Status: 12/04/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- PROPERTY, Conveyances, Creates land transfer act to allow and earmark revenue for sale of Farnum Building.
- LEGISLATURE; Legislative Agencies, Authorize to provide advice and recommendations to the Michigan State capitol commission.
(Status: 12/11/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- TRANSPORTATION, Other, Amend definition of street railway in nonprofit street railway act.
(Status: 06/12/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE)
- CHILDREN, Other, Modify provision regarding the disbursement of the children\'s trust fund.
(Status: 10/02/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - CONCURRED (38 - 0) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- LABOR, Hours and Wages, Repeal and enact new minimum wage law.
(Status: 05/27/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - HOUSE SUBSTITUTE H-5 - CONCURRED (24 -12) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- TAXATION, Tobacco, Modify tax on certain vapor products, alternative nicotine products, and tobacco products.
(Status: 07/16/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON FINANCE)
- HEALTH FACILITIES, Hospitals, Allow new hospital to be built by McLaren health system.
(Status: 11/12/2014 - SENATE - DISCHARGED THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS FROM FURTHER CONSIDERATION - RULES SUSPENDED TO PLACE ON THE GENERAL ORDERS CALENDAR FOR TODAY\'S SESSION)
- EDUCATION, Curriculum, Provide for genocide education.
(Status: 09/16/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- STATE FINANCING AND MANAGEMENT, Funds, Modify qualified film production tax credit.
(Status: 11/13/2014 - HOUSE - REPORTED WITH RECOMMENDATION WITH SUBSTITUTE H-1 - REFERRED TO SECOND READING)
- OCCUPATIONS, Pawnbrokers, Revise monthly interest and usage fee provisions.
(Status: 11/06/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON REGULATORY REFORM)
- PROPERTY, Conveyances, Provide for transfer of certain state-owned property in Ingham county.
(Status: 11/13/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED TO REFER TO GENERAL ORDERS)
- , A concurrent resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Robert D. Young, former member of the House of Representatives and the Senate
(Status: 10/24/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - WALKER AMENDMENT #1 - ADOPTED- RESOLUTION ADOPTED)
- Senate Concurrent Resolution, A concurrent resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Connie Berube Binsfeld, former Lieutenant Governor and member of the Senate and House of Representatives.
(Status: 06/11/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- Senate Concurrent Resolution, A concurrent resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for George C. Steeh, former member of the Senate and the House of Representatives.
(Status: 09/24/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- Resolutions, A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the state constitution of 1963, by amending sections 8 and 40 of article IX, to increase the sales tax rate and to dedicate that revenue to transportation purposes and certain other uses
(Status: 05/21/2014 - SENATE - DISCHARGED FROM COMMITTEE ON INFRASTRUCTURE & MODERNIZATION AND REFERRED TO GENERAL ORDERS)
- HUMAN SERVICES, Services or Financial Assistance, NEW, A person who is an illegal alien in this country is prohibited from receiving any type of public assistance from this state
(Status: 01/30/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON FAMILIES, SENIORS & HUMAN SERVICES)
- HUMAN SERVICES, Services or Financial Assistance, Joint Resolution proposing an amendment to the state constitution of 1963 to prohibit illegal aliens from collecting public assistance.
(Status: 04/10/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- , A memorial resolution to honor the life of Greek Town developer Ted Gatzaros.
(Status: 01/16/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED - ADOPTED)
- HOLOCAUST REMEMBERANCE, A resolution in remembrance of the Holocaust.
(Status: 04/11/2013 - SENATE - ADOPTED)
- Senate Resolution, A resolution of tribute offered as amemorial for David A. Plawecki, former member of the senate.
(Status: 09/12/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- Resolutions, A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate.
- Senate Resolution, A resolution to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the North American International Auto Show and to designate January 2014 as North American International Auto Show Month in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 01/08/2014 - SENATE - ADOPTED)
- Senate Resolution, A resolution to recognize May 2, 2014, as Stand4change Day in the state of Michigan.
- , A resolution to declare May 25 - 31, 2014 as Invisible Illness Awareness Week in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 05/21/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution to declare July 11-18, 2014, as Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Awareness Week in the state of Michigan.
Lame Duck Watch: 25 Issues To Watch At The End Of The Year (11-18-2014)
Lame Duck Watch: 25 Issues To Watch At The End Of The Year (11-18-2014)
Walker: Switched Transportation Vote To Be 'Part Of The Solution' (11-14-2014)
Long-Awaited Transportation Package Squeaks Through Senate (11-13-2014)
McLaren Bill Back On Senate Floor, But No Vote Yet (11-12-2014)
Chamber Prez Slams Film Incentive Bill As It Advances In House (11-12-2014)
Greimel Wants Transportation Funding Bill To Be Last Road (11-12-2014)
Snyder Taps 6 For Detroit's Financial Review Commission (11-10-2014)
In Senate, Both Parties Hopeful For Lame Duck Transportation Solution (11-07-2014)
National Term Limits Group Points To Grand Rapids (11-07-2014)
Meekhof Glides Into Senate Majority Leader Post (11-06-2014)
Lund Ready To Move On Electoral College Change (11-06-2014)
Stabenow Confirms Role In Upcoming "Batman v Superman" Movie (10-28-2014)
Advocates Push For More Genocide Education In Schools (10-22-2014)
Film Incentive Bill Fast Tracked Through Senate (10-22-2014)
Senate Set To Talk Film Credits In Last Session Before Election (10-21-2014)
Chamber Suggests Citizens Initiative For Roads (10-20-2014)
Zorn, Spade Locked Up In 17th Senate District (10-15-2014)
Bill To Help Vets Get Into Dentistry Gets Snyder Signature (10-10-2014)
Film Incentive Program Could See Revamps With House, Senate Bills (10-07-2014)
Whitmer, Richardville Clash On Value Of Early Fall Session (10-03-2014)
After Three Votes, Bill Protecting Moonlighting Firefighters Passes Senate (10-02-2014)
Term Limits Group, Richardville Both Say They're Ready For A Fight (10-02-2014)
22 Human Trafficking Bills Await Snyder's Approval (10-02-2014)
Statewide HeadlinesGiant 'horse' visits Saginaw, leads father-son charge to keep term limits in Michigan Legislature
Here are the bills and resolutions Saginaw's state lawmakers sponsored in 2014
Obama speech on immigration: He's acting on own to spare 5 million from deportation
Immigration announcement means 'They don't have to live in the shadows anymore,' say Detroit activists
President Obama's executive action on immigration gives Southwest Michigan's Hispanic community relief, hope