MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Richardville, Randy (R)State Senator District 17
Elected to the House in 1998, Richardville was a candidate for the State House in 1996 and has served on the Monroe County Planning Commission. While in the House, he served as Assistant Majority Floor Leader from 2001 to 2002 and as Majority Floor Leader from 2003 to 2004. Richardville is also a former member of the Monroe County Planning Commission. He is currently serving his first term as a State Senator. Prior to the onset of the 94th Legislature, Richardville's GOP colleagues voted him President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
Richardville has worked for the North Star Steel Company, the La-Z-Boy Chair Company, and Herman Miller, Inc. He most recently served as the Economic Development Director for the Port & City of Monroe before being elected to the Senate.
Richardville received a B.A. from Albion College in 1981 and a M.A. from Aquinas College in 1989.
Richardville was born August 15, 1959. He is has been married to his wife Sarah for 27 years and they have two adult children, Amanda and Adam.
Richardville is currently a member of the Community Foundation of Monroe County Board Member, Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners Board Member, Ducks Unlimited, Boy Scouts of America, Education Foundation of Monroe Public Schools Board Member, Habit for Humanity of Monroe County, Childrens' Trust Fund, Tomorrow's Child/SIDS--Monroe County, and Monroe Senior Center Board of Directors.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Tony Stamas firstname.lastname@example.org
(Status: 01/16/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- EDUCATION, Public School Academies, Provide for conversion schools; a conversion school is a public school under section 2 of article VIII of the state constitution of 1963, is a school district for the purposes of section 11 of article IX of state constitution 1963 and for the purposes of section 1225 and section 1351A, and is subject to the leadership and general supervision of the state board over all public education under section 3 of article VIII of the state constitution of 1963. A conversion school is a body corporate and is a governmental agency. The powers granted to a conversion school under this part constitute the performance of essential public purposes and governmental functions of this state
(Status: 01/29/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- VEHICLES, Registration Plates, Provide for fund-raising registration plates for vehicles; fund-raising plate for ducks unlimited.
(Status: 03/20/2013 - SENATE - PASSED - IMMEDIATE EFFECT - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR PRINTING, ENROLLMENT AND PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- CIVIL PROCEDURE, Foreclosure, Adopt federal loss mitigation program for mortgage modification program
(Status: 06/20/2013 - SENATE - CONCURRED IN HOUSE SUBSTITUTE H-1 - PASSED (28 - 10) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- History and arts; other; , Require adherence to by art institutes to the code of ethics for museums published by the American alliance of museums.
(Status: 06/11/2013 - SENATE - PASSED (24 - 13))
- PROPERTY, Conveyances, Allow, and earmark revenue sale of Farnum building
(Status: 12/04/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- PROPERTY, Conveyances, Creates land transfer act to allow and earmark revenue for sale of Farnum Building.
- LEGISLATURE; Legislative Agencies, Authorize to provide advice and recommendations to the Michigan State capitol commission.
(Status: 12/11/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- TRANSPORTATION, Other, Amend definition of street railway in nonprofit street railway act.
(Status: 11/14/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION)
- CHILDREN, Other, Modify provision regarding the disbursement of the children\'s trust fund.
(Status: 03/11/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON FAMILIES, SENIORS & HUMAN SERVICES)
- , A concurrent resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Robert D. Young, former member of the House of Representatives and the Senate
(Status: 10/24/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - WALKER AMENDMENT #1 - ADOPTED- RESOLUTION ADOPTED)
- Resolutions, A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the state constitution of 1963, by amending sections 8 and 40 of article IX, to increase the sales tax rate and to dedicate that revenue to transportation purposes and certain other uses
(Status: 01/30/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON APPROPRIATIONS)
- HUMAN SERVICES, Services or Financial Assistance, NEW, A person who is an illegal alien in this country is prohibited from receiving any type of public assistance from this state
(Status: 01/30/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON FAMILIES, SENIORS & HUMAN SERVICES)
- HUMAN SERVICES, Services or Financial Assistance, Joint Resolution proposing an amendment to the state constitution of 1963 to prohibit illegal aliens from collecting public assistance.
(Status: 04/10/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- , A memorial resolution to honor the life of Greek Town developer Ted Gatzaros.
(Status: 01/16/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED - ADOPTED)
- HOLOCAUST REMEMBERANCE, A resolution in remembrance of the Holocaust.
(Status: 04/11/2013 - SENATE - ADOPTED)
- Senate Resolution, A resolution of tribute offered as amemorial for David A. Plawecki, former member of the senate.
(Status: 09/12/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- Resolutions, A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate.
- Senate Resolution, A resolution to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the North American International Auto Show and to designate January 2014 as North American International Auto Show Month in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 01/08/2014 - SENATE - ADOPTED)
Richardville: Time To Fish Or Cut Bait On EAA (04-18-2014)
Detroit $350M Proposal To Start In House (04-17-2014)
Kahn, Others Optimistic About Bolger's Road Proposal (04-10-2014)
Will $115M Road Injection Go To Projects Feds May Have Funded? (03-31-2014)
Richardville Wants PPT To Move; EAA `Most Likely' After Break (03-26-2014)
Sales Tax For Road Funding Resolution Pops Up In Senate (03-25-2014)
EAA Timing Squishy In Senate; Does Legislation Contain `Loophole'? (03-25-2014)
Many Senate R's Waiting To Decide On EAA Expansion Bill (03-24-2014)
Richardville COS Going To SBAM, Hankwitz Promoted (03-20-2014)
Compromise Scrap Metal Bill Passes House (03-19-2014)
Snyder Sets May Timeline For $350M Detroit Package (03-19-2014)
Senate Passes All But One Oil Recovery Bill (03-18-2014)
Senate Passes All But One Oil Recovery Bill (03-18-2014)
House Dives Into Electric De-Reg Debate, Senate Leader Not Interested (03-18-2014)
Long-Term Road Funding Cocktail Taking Shape (03-18-2014)
State Symbol Hearing Sweet, Fruitful (03-18-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (03-12-2014)
Richardville: Not An Obstructionist On Medical Marijuana (03-11-2014)
Leaders Work Out Supplemental's Big Issues (03-11-2014)
Bits And Tidbits (03-11-2014)
Capitol Embraces Michigan's Gold Medal Skaters (03-11-2014)
Mental Health Services For Thousands May Hinge On Supplemental (03-10-2014)
Bolger, Haveman On Supplemental: Patch Potholes, Not HICA Hole (03-05-2014)
Conference Looms As House Passes Supplemental On Roads, Medicaid (03-04-2014)