MIRS Biographical Profiles
- View Printable Version
Richardville, Randy (R)State Senator District 17
Elected to the House in 1998, Richardville was a candidate for the State House in 1996 and has served on the Monroe County Planning Commission. While in the House, he served as Assistant Majority Floor Leader from 2001 to 2002 and as Majority Floor Leader from 2003 to 2004. Richardville is also a former member of the Monroe County Planning Commission. He is currently serving his first term as a State Senator. Prior to the onset of the 94th Legislature, Richardville's GOP colleagues voted him President Pro Tempore of the Senate.
Richardville has worked for the North Star Steel Company, the La-Z-Boy Chair Company, and Herman Miller, Inc. He most recently served as the Economic Development Director for the Port & City of Monroe before being elected to the Senate.
Richardville received a B.A. from Albion College in 1981 and a M.A. from Aquinas College in 1989.
Richardville was born August 15, 1959. He is has been married to his wife Sarah for 27 years and they have two adult children, Amanda and Adam.
Richardville is currently a member of the Community Foundation of Monroe County Board Member, Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners Board Member, Ducks Unlimited, Boy Scouts of America, Education Foundation of Monroe Public Schools Board Member, Habit for Humanity of Monroe County, Childrens' Trust Fund, Tomorrow's Child/SIDS--Monroe County, and Monroe Senior Center Board of Directors.
LEAD STAFF PERSON:Tony Stamas email@example.com
(Status: 01/16/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- EDUCATION, Public School Academies, Provide for conversion schools; a conversion school is a public school under section 2 of article VIII of the state constitution of 1963, is a school district for the purposes of section 11 of article IX of state constitution 1963 and for the purposes of section 1225 and section 1351A, and is subject to the leadership and general supervision of the state board over all public education under section 3 of article VIII of the state constitution of 1963. A conversion school is a body corporate and is a governmental agency. The powers granted to a conversion school under this part constitute the performance of essential public purposes and governmental functions of this state
(Status: 01/29/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- VEHICLES, Registration Plates, Provide for fund-raising registration plates for vehicles; fund-raising plate for ducks unlimited.
(Status: 03/20/2013 - SENATE - PASSED - IMMEDIATE EFFECT - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR PRINTING, ENROLLMENT AND PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- CIVIL PROCEDURE, Foreclosure, Adopt federal loss mitigation program for mortgage modification program
(Status: 06/20/2013 - SENATE - CONCURRED IN HOUSE SUBSTITUTE H-1 - PASSED (28 - 10) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- History and arts; other; , Require adherence to by art institutes to the code of ethics for museums published by the American alliance of museums.
(Status: 06/11/2013 - SENATE - PASSED (24 - 13))
- PROPERTY, Conveyances, Allow, and earmark revenue sale of Farnum building
(Status: 12/04/2013 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS)
- PROPERTY, Conveyances, Creates land transfer act to allow and earmark revenue for sale of Farnum Building.
- LEGISLATURE; Legislative Agencies, Authorize to provide advice and recommendations to the Michigan State capitol commission.
(Status: 12/11/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- TRANSPORTATION, Other, Amend definition of street railway in nonprofit street railway act.
(Status: 06/12/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON TRANSPORTATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE)
- CHILDREN, Other, Modify provision regarding the disbursement of the children\'s trust fund.
(Status: 06/10/2014 - HOUSE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON FAMILIES, CHILDREN, AND SENIORS)
- LABOR, Hours and Wages, Repeal and enact new minimum wage law.
(Status: 05/27/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - HOUSE SUBSTITUTE H-5 - CONCURRED (24 -12) - IMMEDIATE EFFECT GRANTED - REFERRED TO THE SECRETARY FOR ENROLLMENT, PRINTING & PRESENTATION TO THE GOVERNOR)
- TAXATION, Tobacco, Modify tax on certain vapor products, alternative nicotine products, and tobacco products.
(Status: 07/16/2014 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON FINANCE)
- , A concurrent resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Robert D. Young, former member of the House of Representatives and the Senate
(Status: 10/24/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - WALKER AMENDMENT #1 - ADOPTED- RESOLUTION ADOPTED)
- Senate Concurrent Resolution, A concurrent resolution of tribute offered as a memorial for Connie Berube Binsfeld, former Lieutenant Governor and member of the Senate and House of Representatives.
(Status: 06/11/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- Resolutions, A joint resolution proposing an amendment to the state constitution of 1963, by amending sections 8 and 40 of article IX, to increase the sales tax rate and to dedicate that revenue to transportation purposes and certain other uses
(Status: 05/21/2014 - SENATE - DISCHARGED FROM COMMITTEE ON INFRASTRUCTURE & MODERNIZATION AND REFERRED TO GENERAL ORDERS)
- HUMAN SERVICES, Services or Financial Assistance, NEW, A person who is an illegal alien in this country is prohibited from receiving any type of public assistance from this state
(Status: 01/30/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON FAMILIES, SENIORS & HUMAN SERVICES)
- HUMAN SERVICES, Services or Financial Assistance, Joint Resolution proposing an amendment to the state constitution of 1963 to prohibit illegal aliens from collecting public assistance.
(Status: 04/10/2013 - SENATE - REFERRED TO THE COMMITTEE ON EDUCATION)
- , A memorial resolution to honor the life of Greek Town developer Ted Gatzaros.
(Status: 01/16/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED - ADOPTED)
- HOLOCAUST REMEMBERANCE, A resolution in remembrance of the Holocaust.
(Status: 04/11/2013 - SENATE - ADOPTED)
- Senate Resolution, A resolution of tribute offered as amemorial for David A. Plawecki, former member of the senate.
(Status: 09/12/2013 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- Resolutions, A resolution to amend the Standing Rules of the Senate.
- Senate Resolution, A resolution to commemorate the 25th Anniversary of the North American International Auto Show and to designate January 2014 as North American International Auto Show Month in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 01/08/2014 - SENATE - ADOPTED)
- Senate Resolution, A resolution to recognize May 2, 2014, as Stand4change Day in the state of Michigan.
- , A resolution to declare May 25 - 31, 2014 as Invisible Illness Awareness Week in the state of Michigan.
(Status: 05/21/2014 - SENATE - RULES SUSPENDED FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION - ADOPTED)
- , A resolution to declare July 11-18, 2014, as Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Awareness Week in the state of Michigan.
Leonard Gets Independent Challenger; Other 3rd Partiers To Watch (07-22-2014)
Legislative Elections Can Reverse Republican `Gerrymandering,' D's Say (07-17-2014)
Pot Bills Move From Committee, Will See More Changes (07-16-2014)
Kowall Readies Anti-Youth Refuge Bill (07-16-2014)
Could E-Cigarette Compromise Be Taxing Them? (07-16-2014)
Republicans Dominate List Of Special Road Project Winners (07-16-2014)
Cooler Sex Story Turns Up Heat On Governor To Cancel Aramark Contract (07-16-2014)
Could Kesto Be In Trouble? (07-15-2014)
No Voting, No Attendance In House, Senate (07-15-2014)
Medical Marijuana Bills Slated To Move From Senate Committee (07-14-2014)
Restaurant-Backed Group Challenges Raise Michigan's Signatures, Initiative (07-11-2014)
Some GOP Lawmakers Hands-Off On Fate Of Aramark (07-10-2014)
Talk About Talk (07-10-2014)
Expanding Elliott Larsen Among Richardville's Desired Legacy Reforms (07-10-2014)
$115M In Road Projects Unveiled; D's See Politics At Play (07-02-2014)
Whitmer Makes Slick Push For Money (06-27-2014)
Insiders Predict Cotter, Meekhof, Ananich Will Lead Caucuses In '15 (06-27-2014)
Kahn Regrets Calling For Adjournment, Not About Leaving (06-27-2014)
Crushed Bus Rolls Into Town; Singh Wants Lawmakers To Do The Same (06-26-2014)
Snyder Signs Detroit Grand Bargain; Retirees Urged Again To Vote Yes (06-20-2014)
Top 10 Competitive Primaries In Marginal House Districts (06-19-2014)
Next Stop For Roads: The Workgroup (06-13-2014)
Indexed 19-Cent Gas Tax Plan Stalls For Summer (06-12-2014)
Kahn Tries To Adjourn, Leaves; Richardville Sticks Up For Him (06-13-2014)
Statewide HeadlinesCongressional primary: Detroit mayor chooses Hobbs and NOW picks Lawrence as both chase Clarke
Three judges to hear arguments in six gay marriage appeals on same day
Bridge family funnels out campaign cash
PACs target local races
Campaign finance reports reveal financial status of political campaigns, who is in the red?